Sotkon is market leader in Iberia in high capacity underground and semi underground containers for the selective deposition of household refuse.
With a history of over 30,000 installed units, Sotkon is one of the main players in the sector and it is present in over 40 countries, directly or with distributors. The company prides itself on the sustainable pathway it has followed over the last 20 years.
- 1995 – 2000:
- Sotkon develops the first concept and registers the first patents.
- Installation of the first SOTKON concept units in Spain.
- Beginning of the distribution in Portugal.
- 2000 – 2005:
- Development of new components for “Sotkon Koncept” system.
- Sotkon develops and installs the first “Intelligent System” based on level sensors.
- Spain and Portugal: over 5,000 units installed.
- 2005 – 2010:
- Expansion to France, UK, Angola and Brazil.
- Sotkon presents Compact Plastic system (Evos) and an innovative Safety platform for the underground systems
- Sotkon reaches 15,000 units installed.
- Sotkon develops a Compact Metal system (Apto) and a Side Loading system (Integra).
- Sotkis Intelligent Systems by Sotkon, includes now a solution for access control (Sotkis Acess).
- Expansion to Morocco, Turkey and a distribution network of over 30 countries.
- Sotkon reaches 25,000 units installed worldwide.
- Sotkon develops a new generation of semi-underground solutions (Qubus).
- Sotkis Access is now PAYT (Pay-as-you-throw) system ready.
- The 30,000 installed units mark.
Vision and Mission
We are a group of companies aiming to become the world's most recognized company in the sector.
This aim can only be achieved by careful execution of our mission, which is to offer the best solution for temporary storage of solid urban waste, while remaining attractive to customers, employees and shareholders.
We build the company’s future based on trust and social responsibility developing excellence in team work, respecting the individuality; respecting the environment; fulfilling in total the applicable laws and regulations.
Sotkon help customers efficiency, caring for their needs.
Sotkon focus on a continuous innovation and improvement of the product in order to present the most efficient response to the market needs.
The Group’s consolidated turnover increased by about 67% in 2011, reaching a level that represents more than twice that of 2009.
As a result of this strategy, 64% of the Sotkon Group’s turnover was generated outside the iberian market, following an upward curve that we expect to maintain in the future.